Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny is a free crochet along.
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny is adorable and perfect to crochet for babies and small children. Make a super cute Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny for someone special. They are fun and easy to make, are soft and snugly, perfect for babies and small children. My special human is 5 and she just loves her Sleepy Bunnies.
“Share the art within you with the ones you love…”
The original Melly Teddy was made for her a few years ago when I had just started to crochet. Friends of mine loved it and ordered from me, and slowly but surely the bunny you see now emerged, and after nearly 2 years of writing, rewriting, testing and making changes the pattern is now ready for release.
The pattern will be released in 6 parts over 3 weeks and you can get each part separately FOR FREE with the Crochet Along. All you need to do is to join my Face Book Group here.
You will be able to purchase the inexpensive, instant download PDF pattern which includes high quality photos, helpful hints and links to photo tutorials – when the CAL is finished, which will be after the 25 July 2019.
Add this pattern to your Ravelry Queue here.
PLEASE SHARE THIS FREE PATTERN
I just loooooove to see my designs come to life by other creative souls, so post as many photos of your gorgeous crochet project as you like.
You set your pace and work at your own time!
CAL STARTS 8 July 2019:
- PART ONE: 8 July – head, ears and tail
- PART TWO: 11 July – hands, arms and heart
- PART THREE: 15 July – body
- PART FOUR: 18 July – shoe and leg
- PART FIVE: 22 July – sleepy hat, star and moon motif
- PART SIX: 25 July – bringing your bunny to life
For questions and sharing your progress:
Join my Facebook Group so you do not miss out on any of the FUN we have.
Size: approx 46 cm (18 inches) from the top of the head to the toes.
Skill: Easy to Intermediate – stitches will range from easy to slightly more advanced – but I have links to photo tutorials in the pattern if you need help.
What you will crochet: A bunny with lightly stuffed head and hands, flat ears, sleepy hat, flat body and feet, so a bit of a cross between a soft toy and a lovey blanket. The pattern includes instructions for both the girl and the boy.
- 2 x 50g balls Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (A)
- 2 x 50g ball Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (B)
- 1 x 50g ball Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (C)
- 3 x .8g twisties Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (D)
- 3.5mm hook
- 100g unicurl/stuffing
- Small amount of black embroidery thread or yarn for the nose/safety nose
- 2 x safety eyes or thread/yarn for eyes
- Sewing needle
You are welcome to make the pattern in any yarn however depending on the yarn and your tension the size of the finished item may vary from mine.
I used the following colours for my boy and girl:
- A Stone #541 Natural #500
- B Purple-Blue #588 Pink #521
- C Blue Bell #533 Ballet Pink #522
- D White #598 White #598
Vinnis Colours Nikkim 100% Cotton Yarn, which is colourfast and made in South Africa. DK / Light Worsted – 119m/50g (130/1.75oz), recommended hook size: 4mm (USA G-6). The yarn is hand dyed and balled by women from an economically depressed rural area of South Africa. The sale of the product has empowered ad brought economic benefits to their community. Hand dyed yarn gives your garment a unique marbled effect.
MELLY TEDDY RAGDOLL SLEEPY BUNNY KITS ARE AVAILABLE
Kits are available for purchase in South Africa from CreatePlayCraft online store for R250, and includes everything you need to make your bunny. The kits are available now, and will be couriered to you on the 27th June so that your yarn arrives in time for the start of the CAL on the 8th July 2019. The kit includes 5 x balls of Vinnis Colours Nikkim, plus a twisty (for the stars and moon), safety eyes, safety nose and filling.
SPECIAL STITCHES & TECHNIQUES
- Link to Needle Join Photo Tutorial
- Link to Standing Single Crochet Photo Tutorial
- Link to Standing Half Double Crochet Photo Tutorial
- Link to Standing Double Crochet Photo Tutorial
- Link to Magic Circle Photo Tutorial
- Link to Magic Knot Photo Tutorial
- Link to 5 Double Crochet Shell Stitch Photo Tutorial
- Link to Reverse Singe Crochet / Crab Stitch Photo Tutorial
- Link to Back Loop Only Photo Tutorial
- Link to Invisible Single Crochet Two Together Photo Tutorial
- Link to Half Double Crochet Two Together Photo Tutorial
- Link to Double Crochet Two Together Photo Tutorial
- Link to Surface Crochet Photo Tutorial
NOTES & TIPS
- My pattern uses US terminology
- I have also included helpful hints along the way, which are in italics
- Use your stitch marker as often as you can, to help with stitch counting – count your stitches
- And lastly – have FUN with the pattern
- chain – ch
- slip stitch – ss
- single crochet – sc
- half double crochet – hdc
- double crochet – dc
- crab st / reverse single crochet – rev sc (refer to special stitches)
- 5 double crochet shell – 5 dc sh (refer to special stitches)
- back loop only – blo (refer to special stitches)
- single crochet two together – sc2tog (refer to special stitches)
- half double crochet two together – hdc2tog (refer to special stitches)
- double crochet two together – dc2tog (refer to special stitches)
- repeat – rep
- space/s – sp/s
- stitch/s – st/s
- magic circle – mc (refer to special stitches)
- needle join – nj (refer to special stitches)