Melly Teddy Ragdoll Giant Panda Bear
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Giant Panda Bear is a fabulous cross between a lovey blanket and a soft toy, is adorable and perfect to crochet for babies and small children. Make a super cute Melly Teddy Ragdoll Giant Panda Bear for that special small person in your life. They are fun and easy to make and are soft and snugly, perfect for cuddling.
The pattern includes the instructions to make the boy and the girl Panda Bear
Introducing the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Giant Panda Bear
When I was a little girl, I had a Bunny Ragdoll that literally went everywhere with me. My dad used to call it Melly’s Teddy. I designed my first Melly Teddy about 4 years ago, making it for my little girl. Friends saw it, liked it and ordered them from me, and eventually I took the plunge and wrote a pattern for the bunny. I released my first Melly Teddy Ragdoll “Sleepy Bunny” in June 2019, followed quickly by “Eliah Ellie” and “Rainbow Unicorn”, and of course I had to make a “Snowman Family” too.
When I think of China, I think of the panda. The Chinese regard them as a symbol of friendship, peace and good luck, and are adored by the Chinese people. The Giant Panda is a mammal classified in the bear family and is one of the rarest mammals in the world and so that is how the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Giant Panda Bear came to be.
After the sloth bear, the panda has the longest tail in the bear family – and Panda’s love to eat bamboo shoots.
“Share the art within you with the ones you love…”
If you would like to join my Face Book Group click HERE and enjoy the fun of crocheting something with others from all over the world.
The PDF pattern includes step by step instructions for the Boy and Girl Panda Bear, high quality photos, helpful hints along the way, a print friendly PDF version and a unique birth certificate
PLEASE SHARE THIS PATTERN
For questions and sharing your progress making your Melly Teddy Ragdoll Giant Panda Bear:
Join my Facebook Group so you do not miss out on any of the FUN we have.
Let’s paint with yarn….
- Size: 46 cm (18 inches) from the top of the head to the toes
- Skill: Easy to Intermediate – stitches will range from easy to slightly more advanced – but I have links to photo & video tutorials in the pattern if you need help.
- What you will crochet: A ragdoll with lightly stuffed head, feet, and hands with a flat body, so a cross between a soft toy and a lovey blanket.
- The pattern includes instructions for both the boy and girl Panda Bear
PURCHASE THE PDF CROCHET PATTERN
MATERIALS USED TO MAKE BOTH
- 60 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (A) White #598
- 85 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (B) Black #560
- 10 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (C) Ballet Pink #522
- 25 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (D) Blue Red #562
- 10 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (E) Sand #578
- 50 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (A) White #598
- 50 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (B) Black #560
- 20 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (C) Ballet Pink #522
- 60 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (F) Purple Blue #588
- 20 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (G) Aluminium #502
- 3.5 mm hook
- Stuffing (approximately 200 g)
- Small amount of black embroidery thread or yarn for the muzzle and mouth
- Small account of pink embroidery thread or yarn for the little tongue
- 2 pairs of 12 mm safety eyes
- Sewing needle
You are welcome to make the pattern in any yarn however depending on the yarn and your tension the size of the finished item may vary from mine.
WANT TO USE THE SAME YARN AS ME?
- If you live in South Africa and would like to purchase the same yarn click here.
- If you anywhere else and would like to purchase the same yarn click here.
- And if you use the coupon code mandmcrochet you will get 10% discount off your order.
WANT TO USE AN ALTERNATIVE YARN?
- If you want to purchase a cotton alternative to the yarn I am using click here.
- If you want to purchase an acrylic alternative to the yarn I am using click here.
Vinnis Colours Nikkim 100% Cotton Yarn, which is colourfast and made in South Africa. DK / Light Worsted – 119m/50g (130/1.75oz), recommended hook size: 4mm (USA G-6). The yarn is hand dyed and balled by women from an economically depressed rural area of South Africa. The sale of the product has empowered ad brought economic benefits to their community. Hand dyed yarn gives your garment a unique marbled effect.
NOTES, GAUGE & TIPS
- My pattern uses US terminology.
- Crochet skill level – EASY.
- I have also included helpful hints along the way which are in
- Do not over stuff the hands, feet and head – think “squishy”.
- Use your stitch marker by placing in the last stitch of the completed round to keep track of rows when working in the round.
- I use the invisible single crochet decrease technique to make my single crochet two together. This technique makes the decrease much less visible.
- Amigurumi gauge: 5 rounds = 4.5 cm / 1.6 inches in diameter.
- Finished length: 35 cm / 14 inches
- And lastly, COUNT your stitches and have loads of FUN.
WANT TO JOIN MY FACE BOOK GROUP? CLICK HERE
And enjoy the fun of crocheting along with other people from all over the world.
WANT TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? CLICK HERE
HOW TO PRINT DIRECTLY FROM THIS POST
- Right click your mouse button over the area of the pattern you want to print.
- Click on the PRINT option from the pop-up menu or press Ctrl+ P.
- Click on Destination drop down menu for your various options.
- Choose “Save as PDF” from “Destination”.
- Click “save” and print the pages you need.
DISCOUNTS IF YOU PURCHASE TWO OR MORE PATTERNS FROM MY RAVELRY STORE
Coupon code: 15OFF Purchase any 2 patterns and get 15% discount
Coupon code: 20OFF Purchase any 3 patterns and get 20% discount
Coupon code: 25OFF Purchase any 4 patterns and get 25% discount
Coupon code: 30OFF Purchase any 5 patterns and get 30% discount
|Back loop only||BLO||Insert hook into the back loop of the stitch only|
|Chain||ch||Yarn over, pull through.|
|Crab stitch / Reverse single crochet||crab st||Link to “how to make a crab stitch”|
|Double crochet||dc||Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
|Front loop only||FLO||Insert hook into the front loop of the stitch only.|
|Half double crochet||hdc||Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through three loops.|
|Invisible single crochet two together||Inv sc2tog||Insert hook into the front loop only of the next two stitches, yarn over, pull through two loops on your hooks, yarn over, pull through 2 loops on your hook.|
|Single crochet increase||inc||Make two single crochet stitches into same stitch space.|
|Magic circle||mc||Link to “how to make a magic circle”|
|Needle join||nj||When you have finished your last stitch, do not join instead cut the yarn and pull it right through the last stitch. Using a needle, insert into both loops of the first actual stitch of the same round or row. Go back into the back loop only of the last stitch of the round or row, and gently tighten the join, and it will form a “loop” on top of the stitch and look just like a regular stitch.|
|Repeat||rep||Repeat the stitches between *.* the required number of times.|
|Single crochet||sc||Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
|Single crochet two together||sc2tog||Insert hook into stitch and pull up a loop, insert hook into the next stitch and pull up a loop. Yarn over and pull through all 3 loops on hook – this is a way to decrease your stitch count.|
|Slip stitch||ss||Insert hook, yarn over, pull through both stitch and loop on hook.|
|Space/s||sp/s||The space between the stitches.|
|Stitch/es||st/s||The stitch itself.|
THIS PATTERN IS UNFORUTNATLEY NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR FREE
© 2020 |Designed by Melanie Grobler | MandMCrochetDesigns | All Rights are Reserved.
The design, pattern, and all images are the property of MandMCrochetDesigns. The purchaser of this pattern may use it for personal use and/or charity. Sales of the finished items are encouraged, and credit given to the designer would be most appreciated. No part of the written pattern may be reproduced, altered, or distributed in any form, or by any means, without express written permission from Melanie Grobler | MandMCrochetDesigns.