EASY KNIT BEANIE
KAL CORNER 2020 KNIT ALONG
This design – the EASY KNIT BEANIE – is part of the 2020 Knit Along at KAL Corner Knitting. Join us in knitting a new design every month, using DK weight yarn! You can find all the info on the main post, and join in the fun on the Facebook group. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway too!
EASY KNIT BEANIE
- 100 g Kartopu Melange Wool Lux Colour S0K008 (77% acrylic/20% wool).
- Sewing needle
- 4 mm (US 7 / UK 7) 16” circular knitting needles
- 5 mm (US 9 / UK 5) 16” circular knitting needles
You are welcome to make the pattern in any yarn however depending on the yarn and your tension the size of the finished item may vary from mine.
NOTES, GAUGE & TIPS
- Knit skill level – easy.
- A 10 x 10 cm swatch is approximately 13 stitches across and 16 rows high.
- Helpful hints are written in italics.,
- Count your stitches and have FUN.
- Head circumference : 23 inches / 58 cm
- Hat height : 11 inches / 28 cm
|Repeat||Rep||Repeat the stitches or rows by the number noted.|
|Remaining||Rem||Remaining stitches in the row/round.|
|Place marker||Pm||Place the marker to the last stitch of the round you are working so that you know where the beginning of each round starts, move the marker after each row/round.|
|Long tail cast on||Long tail cast on tutorial here|
|RS||Right side||Right side of your work.|
|Knit two together through back of loop||K2tog TBL||Slip your right needle into the two back stitches on your left needle, knit them together.|
Use 4.4 mm (US 7 / UK 7) 16” circular knitting needles. With long tail cast on, CO 88 sts. Place marker and join to knit in the round.
Helpful hint: be very careful not to twist your stitches – I prefer to use the longtail cast on for rib work as it has more stretch to it – there is a link to a video tutorial in the abbreviations above.
*K2, P2*, rep *.* until end of round.
Repeat for 2 cm / 1 inch.
Change to 5.5 mm (US 9 / UK 5) 16” circular knitting needles and continue to K until work measures approx. 23 cm /9 inches.
*K2tog tbl, K8*, rep *.* until end of round.
*K2tog tbl, K7*, rep *.* until end of round.
*K2tog tbl, K6*, rep *.* until end of round.
*K2tog tbl, K5*, rep *.* until end of round.
*K2tog tbl, K4*, rep *.* until end of round.
*K2tog tbl, K3*, rep *.* until end of round.
*K2tog tbl, K2*, rep *.* until end of round.
*K2tog tbl, K1*, rep *.* until end of round, cut yarn leaving a long tail to use to slip stitch the remaining stitches together tightly, then weave in ends.
Optional – make a nice big pompom and attach to the area where you closed the beanie.
SOCIAL MEDIA & GENERAL INFO
Thank you for your support and I hope that you enjoyed making this pattern as much as I did during the design process. If you enjoyed this pattern, please have a look at the other patterns I have published:
Don’t miss out on all the fun – join my group on Facebook, click on the link below, and do not miss out on any of my patterns and CAL’s. And don’t forget to share your beautiful creations made from my patterns – I love to see what has been made https://www.facebook.com/groups/mandmcrochetdesigns
- You are very welcome to sell your finished items that you have made (no mass production).
- Please do not share, copy, past or distribute any part of the pattern, including instructions, words, photographs and diagrams, in any way, electronic or other, that will infringe my rights as the author and creator of these patterns and photographs.
- Please respect the amount of time, effort and love that goes into each of my patterns, and even if they are for free please send your friends the link and do not send them the pattern.