HOW A FREE CROCHET ALONG WORKS
- The pattern is released in 6 parts over 3 weeks.
- You get each part separately on my blog.
- The free version will be available until the 30 June 2022.
- Join my FB Group to get the links to the parts as I release them.
Click here for Part 1 – 10 May
Click here for Part 2 – 13 May
Click here for Part 3 – 17 May
Click here for Part 4 – 20 May
Click here for Part 5 – 24 May
Click here for Part 6 – 27 May
WHAT YOU WILL CROCHET
- Ragdolls have a firmly stuffed head, feet and hands, and a flat body; a cross between a soft toy and a lovey blanket – perfect for lots of cuddles.
- Each ragdoll is 46 cm (18 inches) from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet.
- Easy to adventurous beginner.
- You will need a basic knowledge of the amigurumi technique.
- The pattern has helpful hints along the way which are highlighted in purple.
- US with metric sizes
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3.5 mm hook
- Sewing needle
- Stitch marker
- Disappearing ink marker (optional)
WHAT YOU GET
- Easy to follow written instructions available on my blog in 6 parts
- Tutorial photographs
- Unique birth certificate
- Full pattern support
- Vinnis Colours – DK Nikkim 100% cotton (50 grams/119 metres)
- Apple Green – 150 grams
- Mint – 50 grams
- Sunshine – 40 grams
- White – 20 grams
- Black – 20 grams
|Back loop only||BLO||Insert hook into the back loop of the stitch only.|
|Chain||ch||Yarn over, pull through.|
|Double crochet||dc||Yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
|Front loop only||FLO||Insert hook into the front loop of the stitch only.|
|Half double crochet||hdc||Yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through all three loops.|
|Invisible single crochet two together||inv sc2tog||Insert hook into the front loop only of the next two stitches, yarn over, pull through two loops, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
|Needle join||nj||When you have finished your last stitch, do not join, instead cut the yarn and pull it through the last stitch. Using a needle, insert into both loops of the first stitch of the same round/row. Go back into the back loop only of the last stitch of the round/row, and gently tighten the join, and it will form a “loop” on top of the stitch and look just like a regular stitch.|
|Repeat||rep||Repeat the stitches between *.* the required number of times.|
|Single crochet||sc||Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
|Skip||sk||Skip a stitch or space.|
|Slip stitch||ss||Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull through both the stitch and loop on hook.|
|Space/s||sp/s||The space between the stitches.|
|Stitch/es||st/s||The stitch itself.|
|Treble||tr||Yarn over twice, insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops, yarn over, pull through two loops, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
- My pattern uses US terminology.
- Always read through the pattern before you start to familiarise yourself with it.
- When working in the round, use a stitch marker or a running stitch marker to keep track of the rounds/rows.
- Colours are for reference only and will vary depending on the light settings of your monitor/devices.
- Some of the photo tutorials are from other designs or will show more completed parts, so do not worry about the colour or other parts – use them as a guide to check your work looks as it should.
- The pattern was designed in cotton but can be made in any yarn. Just remember to use the correct hook size for the yarn you have chosen.
- If you are working in thicker or thinner yarn your ragdoll size may vary.
- Tension and hook size could also influence the overall size.
- And lastly, COUNT your stitches and have loads of FUN.
- Secure starting ends as you go along.
- When changing colours do not finish off the final stitch; add new colour and finish off the last stitch to complete the colour change.
- The best way to make sure that your tail is long enough to attach the piece to the ragdoll is to run the yarn close to the edge of the piece and cut the yarn 2 ½ times the length.
- Chain stitches and slip stitches do not count as a stitch unless otherwise indicated.
- Stitch counts are at the end of each round/row, bold and in parentheses.
- When joining new yarn (other than for a colour change), use a slip stitch.
- With my patterns, I usually always start with an increase in the 1st stitch, so if your increase stitch falls in the 1st stitch of the increase stitch from the last round, your stitch count should be correct.
- Full pattern support is available from the MandMCrochetDesigns – patterns and CALs FB group.
- Please post a question in the group if you need help and one of the fabulous M&M’s will happily assist you.
- For questions relating to permission or usage email email@example.com
- A big thank you to my amazing, patient test team – I could not do this without your help, encouragement, and hours of hard work – You guys ROCK!
PURCHASE THE PDF PATTERN
If you would like to purchase the PDF pattern follow the link below to your preferred shop
- Click HERE to purchase from my Online Shop
- Click HERE to purchase from my Ravelry Store
- Click HERE to purchase from my Etsy Shop
Thank you for your support and I hope that you enjoy making this pattern as much as I did during the design process.
COPYRIGHT © 2022
- The pattern or any portion of it may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the designer.
- The design, pattern, and all images are the property of MandMCrochetDesigns.
- The purchaser of this pattern may use it for personal use and/or charity.
- Sales of the finished items (made by you and not commercial in quantity or production) are encouraged, and credit given to the designer would be most appreciated.
- The print friendly button has been disabled on my free patterns.
- If you prefer to work from a printable document, please consider purchasing the pattern from one of my online shops.
Please respect the amount of time, effort and love that goes into each of my designs, and even if they are for free, please send your friends the link and do not send them the pattern.