FREE CROCHET PATTERN
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sunshine Kids are the latest member of the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Family. The Ragdolls are super easy to create, a great stash buster and perfect for lots of cuddles. A ragdoll is a cross between a lovey blanket and a soft toy.
When I was a little girl, I had a Bunny Ragdoll that was a bottle warmer, and it literally went everywhere with me. My dad used to call it Melly’s Teddy. Our daughter was born in 2013 and after I learnt to cruncher in 2015 I made a sleepy bunny ragdoll for Madison. She loved it because it was nice and squishy. Friends saw it, liked it and told me I should write the pattern down. I eventually took the plunge and published my first pattern for the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny in June 2019.
Followed by “Eliah Ellie”, “Rainbow Unicorn”, “Snowman Family”, “Giant Panda Bear“, “Shelly and Sandy Mermaid“, “Fireman Fred“, “Bonnie and Clyde Horse“, “Graduate Grace“, “Pilot Bear“, “Luna the Witch and Eclipse the Black Cat“, “Doctor Natalie“, “Harvest Fairy“, “Mr Fox“, “Tom Turkey“, “Snowfall Fairy“, “Blossom Fairy“, and “Peggy Pig“.
Introducing the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sunshine Kids
“Share the art within you with the ones you love…”
WHAT YOU WILL CROCHET
- Ragdolls have a firmly stuffed head, feet and hands, and a flat body; a cross between a soft toy and a lovey blanket – perfect for lots of cuddles.
- Each ragdoll is 46 cm (18 inches) from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet.
- Easy to adventurous beginner.
- The pattern has helpful hints along the way which are highlighted in purple.
- 3.5 mm hook
- Small amount of pink embroidery thread or yarn for the mouth
- 1 x pair 12 mm (.47 inches) safety eyes per ragdoll
- Sewing needle
- Stitch marker
GIRL COLOURWAY – Vinnis Colours – DK Nikkim 100% cotton (50 grams/119 metres)
- Natural 90 grams
- Violet 70 grams
- Apple Green 50 grams
- Sunshine 30 grams
- Baby Yellow 60 grams
- White 10 grams
BOY COLOURWAY – Vinnis Colours – DK Nikkim 100% cotton (50 grams/119 metres)
- Natural 90 grams
- Lavender 50 grams
- Blue Red 30 grams
- Sunshine 40 grams
- Baby Yellow 40 grams
- White 30 grams
- Purple Blue 30 grams
WANT TO USE AN ALTERNATIVE YARN?
- If you want to purchase a cotton alternative to the yarn I am using click here.
- If you want to purchase an acrylic alternative to the yarn I am using click here.
- My pattern uses US terminology.
- Always read through the pattern before you start to familiarise yourself with it.
- When working in the round, use a stitch marker or a running stitch marker to keep track of the rounds/rows.
- Colours are for reference only and will vary depending on the light settings of your monitor/devices.
- Some of the photo tutorials are from other designs or will show more completed parts, so do not worry about the colour or other parts – use them as a guide to check your work looks as it should.
- My ragdolls are designed using safety eyes, if gifting to babies and small children please remember safety first – you are welcome to embroider the eyes.
- The pattern was designed in cotton but can be made in any yarn. Just remember to use the correct hook size for the yarn you have chosen.
- If you are working in thicker or thinner yarn your ragdoll size may vary.
- Tension and hook size could also influence the overall size.
- And lastly, COUNT your stitches and have loads of FUN.
- Secure starting ends as you go along.
- When changing colours do not finish off the final stitch; add new colour and finish off the last stitch to complete the colour change.
- The best way to make sure that your tail is long enough to attach the piece to the ragdoll is to run the yarn close to the edge of the piece and cut the yarn 2 ½ times the length.
- Chain stitches and slip stitches do not count as a stitch unless otherwise indicated.
- Stitch counts are at the end of each round/row, bold and in parentheses.
- Full pattern support is available from the Hooked on Sunshine Facebook group.
- Please post a question in the group if you need help and one of the lovely Ami Assist Team Fairies will assist you.
- For questions relating to permission or usage, email email@example.com
- A big thank you to my amazing, patient test team at Hooked on Sunshine – I could not do this without your help, encouragement and hours and hours of hard work. You guys ROCK!!!
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- 70 page pattern with easy to follow written instructions
- over 150 tutorial photographs
- print friendly version
- unique birth certificate
- full pattern support available from Hooked on Sunshine Facebook group
HOW A CROCHET ALONG (CAL) WORKS
- The pattern is released in 6 parts over 3 weeks, and you get each part separately.
- This document serves as a pre-registration for the CAL. The pattern parts will be added to your pattern library as soon as the CAL starts, and thereafter twice a week until it is finished.
- Please remember to access your updates, you must be logged onto either site (HOS or Ravelry), preferably via a PC. Go directly to your library to access all the parts (you may need to update your library for new pattern part releases). Ravelry does send out pattern updates, but these emails often end up in spam or junk folders and are not necessary to access the CAL parts.
- If you are working via Ravelry, please download each part to an external device for safe keeping.
- The entire pattern, excluding the Preamble, will have a print friendly option available for download that will be released with each part.
MAKE YOUR OWN RAVELRY PATTERN BUNDLE & SAVE
- Get 15% off when you buy 2 patterns – coupon code 15OFF
- Get 20% off when you buy 3 patterns – coupon code 20OFF
- Get 25% off when you buy 4 patterns – coupon code 25OFF
- ONLY available for purchases made from my Ravelry store.
GET 20% OFF ETSY SHOP PATTERNS
Click here to get 20% discount from the purchase of any of the patterns for sale in my Etsy Shop.
WANT TO JOIN MY FACE BOOK GROUP?
Click here to join in the fun of crocheting with people from all over the world, get pattern support and share your progress with us.
COPYRIGHT © 2021
- The pattern or any portion of it may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the designer.
- The design, pattern, and all images are the property of MandMCrochetDesigns.
- The purchaser of this pattern may use it for personal use and/or charity.
- Sales of the finished items (made by you and not commercial in quantity or production) are encouraged, and credit given to the designer would be most appreciated.
- Please respect the amount of time, effort and love that goes into each of my designs, and even if they are for free, please send your friends the link and do not send them the pattern.
Let’s paint with yarn….