Melly Teddy Ragdoll Faiso and Mercy Lion
CROCHET ALONG (CAL)
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Faiso and Mercy Lion is the latest member of the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Family. They are super easy to create, a great stash buster and perfect for lots of cuddles. A ragdoll is a cross between a lovey blanket and a soft toy.
When I was a little girl, I had a Bunny Ragdoll that literally went everywhere with me. My dad used to call it Melly’s Teddy. I designed my first Melly Teddy about 4 years ago, making a sleepy bunny for my little girl. Friends saw it, liked it and ordered them from me, and eventually I took the plunge and wrote a pattern for the bunny. I released my first Melly Teddy Ragdoll “Sleepy Bunny” in June 2019, followed quickly by “Eliah Ellie”, “Rainbow Unicorn”, “Snowman Family”, “Giant Panda Bear”, “Fireman Fred”, “Pilot Bear”, Bonnie & Clyde Horse”, “Luna the Witch and Eclipse the black Cat”, Doctor Natalie, Harvest Fairy, Tom Turkey, Snowfall Fairy, the Blossom Fairy, Sunshine Fairy, Peggy Pig, Sunshine Kids and the Mermaids.
Faiso and Mercy Lion are the 20th member of the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Family.
Introducing the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Faiso and Mercy Lion
“Share the art within you with the ones you love…”
PLEASE SHARE THIS PATTERN
Let’s paint with yarn….
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Faiso and Mercy Lion
CAL STARTS THE 12 OCTOBER 2021
As soon as you purchase the pattern the Preamble will be ready for you to download.
Part 1 releases 19th October with 2 parts per week and the CAL ends 12 November 2021
HOW TO JOIN THIS CAL
- Follow the link to purchase the pattern.
- The pattern costs $3.50 until the end of the CAL, there after it will be $5.30.
THE STORY BEHIND THIS PATTERN
Jonah was born in 2007, in a small rural Ethiopian village. His birth mother had placed him wrapped in a banana leaf under a tree, protected from the elements and near a water trail where a local woman named Zenebech had heard his cries and found him. She named him Faiso, which means “saved under the sun”.
A year later, he met his mom (Jennifer), dad (Christopher) and now lives in the USA with his older brother (Leif), a younger sister (Mercy), and his two dogs (Bella & Charlie).
…this was only the start of his journey
At the tender of age of just five, Jonah had taught himself to crochet and in no time at all became a prodigy and household name. Since featured in hundreds of articles including in the New York Times, The Times of London, Forbes, Oprah Magazine, People and the USA Today. He has appeared on the Today Show, Little Big Shots with Melissa McCarthy, The Kelly Clarkson Show, The Drew Barrymore Show, and Pickler & Ben.
By age 11, Jonah had published his first book, started his own business (Jonah’s Hands, LLC.) and had funded Jonah’s Hands Library in the rural village where he was born in Ethiopia. He has gone on to build a science lab at the school, with current plans to build better toilets for the learners.
…inspired by Jonah
Jonah and I have become friends over the last year, and he has made several of my ragdolls for his sister, Mercy. I am so inspired by this young man, and to honour his journey and support his charity work – I created Faiso and Mercy the Lion.
I chose the lion, as they are the national animal of Ethiopia. As it turns out, the people in the village where Jonah was born call him “ little lion”, so without realising it, I had made the perfect choice.
I will be donating all the proceeds from the sale of the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Faiso and Mercy Lion pattern during the Crochet Along to Jonah, so he can donate to Roots Ethiopia, a charity that he supports.
Roots Ethiopia works together with communities in Ethiopia to improve schools, educate children, and enable livelihoods.
The Cal will $3.50 for the duration of the CAL and proceeds during that period will go to Jonah for him to donate to the charity of choosing (Roots). Thereafter the price of the pattern will increase to $5.30.
…his journey continues
Jonah says that his world changed on the day he picked up his new crochet hook. But it’s safe to say that he has changed the world, with each and every life he touches through his infectious enthusiasm for crochet and his charity work.
Follow Jonah’s and join in his journey!
HOW A PAID CROCHET ALONG (CAL) WORKS
- The pattern is released in 6 parts over 3 weeks, and you get each part separately.
- This document serves as a pre-registration for the CAL. The pattern parts will be added to your pattern library as soon as the CAL starts, and thereafter twice a week until it is finished.
- Please remember to access your updates, you must be logged onto Ravelry, preferably via a PC. Go directly to your library to access all the parts (you may need to update your library for new pattern part releases). Ravelry does send out pattern updates, but these emails often end up in spam or junk folders and are not necessary to access the CAL parts.
- If you are working via Ravelry, please download each part to an external device for safe keeping.
- The entire pattern, excluding the Preamble, will have a print friendly option available for download that will be released with each part.
COPYRIGHT © 2021
- The pattern or any portion of it may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the designer.
- The design, pattern, and all images are the property of MandMCrochetDesigns.
- The purchaser of this pattern may use it for personal use and/or charity.
- Sales of the finished items (made by you and not commercial in quantity or production) are encouraged, and credit given to the designer would be most appreciated.
- Please respect the amount of time, effort and love that goes into each of my designs, and even if they are for free, please send your friends the link and do not send them the pattern.