Melly Teddy Ragdoll Peggy Pig
CROCHET ALONG (CAL)
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Peggy Pig is the latest member of the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Baby Farm Animals Family. She is super easy to make, a great stash buster and perfect for lots of cuddles. A ragdoll is a cross between a lovey blanket and a soft toy.
When I was a little girl, I had a Bunny Ragdoll that literally went everywhere with me. My dad used to call it Melly’s Teddy. I designed my first Melly Teddy about 4 years ago, making a sleepy bunny for my little girl. Friends saw it, liked it and ordered them from me, and eventually I took the plunge and wrote a pattern for the bunny. I released my first Melly Teddy Ragdoll “Sleepy Bunny” in June 2019, followed quickly by “Eliah Ellie”, “Rainbow Unicorn”, “Snowman Family”, “Giant Panda Bear”, “Fireman Fred”, “Pilot Bear”, Bonnie & Clyde Horse”, “Luna the Witch and Eclipse the black Cat”, Doctor Natalie, Harvest Fairy, Tom Turkey, Snowfall Fairy, the Blossom Fairy and the Mermaids.
Peggy Pig is the 18th member of the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Family.
Introducing the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Peggy Pig
“Share the art within you with the ones you love…”
PLEASE SHARE THIS PATTERN
For questions and sharing your progress making your
Melly Teddy Ragdoll Peggy Pig
Join my Facebook Group so you do not miss out on any of the FUN we have.
Let’s paint with yarn….
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Peggy Pig
CAL STARTS THE 13 JULY 2021
As soon as you purchase the pattern from my Ravelry Store, the Pattern Preamble will be sent to your Ravelry Library. Each part will be added to your library on the following dates:
PART 1 – 13 JULY
PART 2 – 16 JULY
PART 3 – 20 JULY
PART 4 – 24 JULY
PART 5 – 27 JULY
PART 6 – 30 JULY
HOW TO JOIN THIS CAL
- Follow the link to purchase the pattern.
- The pattern costs $3.50 until the CAL begins (13 July 2021), there after it will be $5.30.
HOW A PAID CROCHET ALONG (CAL) WORKS
- The pattern is released in 6 parts over 3 weeks, and you get each part separately.
- This document serves as a pre-registration for the CAL. The pattern parts will be added to your pattern library as soon as the CAL starts, and thereafter twice a week until it is finished.
- Please remember to access your updates, you must be logged onto Ravelry, preferably via a PC. Go directly to your library to access all the parts (you may need to update your library for new pattern part releases). Ravelry does send out pattern updates, but these emails often end up in spam or junk folders and are not necessary to access the CAL parts.
- If you are working via Ravelry, please download each part to an external device for safe keeping.
- The entire pattern, excluding the Preamble, will have a print friendly option available for download that will be released with each part.
- Size: 46 cm (18 inches) from the top of the head to the toes.
- Skill: Easy to adventurous beginner. The pattern has helpful hints along the way which are highlighted in purple.
- What you will crochet: A ragdoll with lightly stuffed head, feet, and hands with a flat body, a cross between a soft toy and a lovey blanket.
- 3.5 mm hook
- Small amount of black yarn for the pupils on the eyes
- Sewing needle
- Stitch marker
Vinnis Colours – DK Nikkim 100% cotton (50 grams/119 meters)
- 180 grams Ballet Pink
- 40 grams Pink
- 2 grams White
- 15 grams Avocado
- 2 grams Mahogany
NOTES & TIPS
- My pattern uses US terminology.
- Always read through the pattern before you start to familiarise yourself with it.
- Use your stitch marker to keep track of rows when working in the round.
- Colours are for reference only and will vary depending on the light settings of your monitor/devices.
- Some of the photo tutorials are from other designs or will show more completed parts, so do not worry about the colour or other parts – use them as a guide to check your work looks as it should.
- My ragdolls are designed using safety eyes, if gifting to babies and small children please remember safety first – you are welcome to embroider the eyes.
- The pattern was designed in cotton but can be made in any yarn. Just remember to use the correct hook size for the yarn you have chosen.
- If you are working in thicker or thinner yarn your ragdoll size may vary.
- Tension and hook size could also influence the overall size.
- And lastly, COUNT your stitches and have loads of FUN.
- Secure starting ends as you go along.
- Tighten the magic circle after completing the first round.
- When changing colours do not finish off final stitch; add new colour and finish off the last stitch to complete the colour change.
- The best way to make sure that your tail is long enough to attach the piece to the ragdoll is to run the yarn close to the edge of the piece and cut the yarn 2 ½ times the length.
- Chain stitches and slip stitches do not count as a stitch unless otherwise indicated.
- Stitch counts are at the end of each round/row in parentheses.
- Full pattern support is available from the MandMCrochetDesigns – patterns and CALs FG group.
- Please post a question in the group if you need help and one of the fabulous M&M’s will happily assist you.
- For questions relating to permission or usage email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A big thank you to my amazing, patient test team – I could not do this without your help, encouragement, and hours of hard work – You guys ROCK!
MAKE YOUR OWN RAVELRY PATTERN BUNDLE & SAVE
- Get 15% off when you buy 2 patterns – coupon code 15OFF
- Get 20% off when you buy 3 patterns – coupon code 20OFF
- Get 30% off when you buy 4 patterns – coupon code 30OFF
- Get 40% off when you buy 5 patterns – coupon code 40OFF
- Get 50% off when you buy 6 patterns – coupon code 50OFF
- Pattern Bundles excluded – already discounted.
- ONLY available for purchases made from my Ravelry store.
GET 20% OFF ETSY SHOP PATTERNS
Click here to get 20% discount from the purchase of any of the patterns for sale in my Etsy Shop.
COPYRIGHT © 2021
- The pattern or any portion of it may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the designer.
- The design, pattern, and all images are the property of MandMCrochetDesigns.
- The purchaser of this pattern may use it for personal use and/or charity.
- Sales of the finished items (made by you and not commercial in quantity or production) are encouraged, and credit given to the designer would be most appreciated.
- Please respect the amount of time, effort and love that goes into each of my designs, and even if they are for free, please send your friends the link and do not send them the pattern.
The Melly Teddy Ragdoll Tom Turkey has a new friend and her name is Peggy Pig – if you want to make Tom Turkey you will find the free pattern if you follow the link.