Melly Teddy Ragdoll Tom Turkey
is a free crochet pattern
The Tom Turkey Ragdoll is a cross between a lovey blanket and a soft toy, so perfect to crochet for anyone who needs lots of cuddles. My patterns are easy to follow, fun to create and make great stash busters.
When I was a little girl, I had a Bunny Ragdoll that literally went everywhere with me. My dad used to call it Melly’s Teddy. I designed my first Melly Teddy about 4 years ago, making a sleepy bunny for my little girl. Friends saw it, liked it and ordered them from me, and eventually I took the plunge and wrote a pattern for the bunny. I released my first Melly Teddy Ragdoll “Sleepy Bunny” in June 2019, followed quickly by “Eliah Ellie”, “Rainbow Unicorn”, “Snowman Family”, “Giant Panda Bear”, “Fireman Fred”, “Pilot Bear”, Bonnie & Clyde Horse”, “Luna the Witch and Eclipse the black Cat”, Doctor Natalie, Mr Fox, the Harvest Fairy and the Mermaids.
Tom Turkey is the 15th member of the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Family and the 1st member of the Baby Farm Animal Collection.
“Share the art within you with the ones you love…”
PLEASE SHARE THIS PATTERN
Let’s paint with yarn….
MELLY TEDDY RAGDOLL TOM TURKEY
- Size: 46 cm (18 inches) from the top of the head to the toes.
- Skill: confident beginners to Intermediate – stitches will range from easy to slightly more advanced – but I have links to photo & video tutorials in the pattern if you need help.
- What you will crochet: A ragdoll with lightly stuffed head, feet, and hands with a flat body, so a cross between a soft toy and a lovey blanket.
- 100 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (A) Mahogany #557
- 10 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (B) White #598
- 30 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (C) Sunshine #535
- 10 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (D) Tomato #575
- 10 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (E) Black #560
- 30 g Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (F) Autumn Mix #19
- 3.5 mm hook
- Small account of black embroidery thread or yarn for the eyebrows/eyelashes
- Sewing needle
You are welcome to make the pattern in any yarn however depending on the yarn and your tension the size of the finished item may vary from mine.
WANT TO USE THE SAME YARN AS ME?
- If you live in South Africa and would like to purchase the same yarn click here.
- If you live anywhere else and would like to purchase the same yarn click here. Use the coupon code mandmcrochet you will get 10% discount off your order.
WANT TO USE AN ALTERNATIVE YARN?
- If you want to purchase a cotton alternative to the yarn I am using click here.
- If you want to purchase an acrylic alternative to the yarn I am using click here.
HOW TO PURCHASE THE PDF PATTERN:
- If you would like to purchase the PDF pattern from my Ravelry store click here.
- If you would like to purchase the PDF pattern from my Etsy store click here.
NOTES & TIPS
- My pattern uses US terminology.
- Crochet skill level – easy (and if you struggle there are photo tutorials to help you).
- I have also included helpful hints along the way which are in
- There are also links to photo tutorials for special stitches and techniques.
- Use your stitch marker to keep track of rows when working in the round.
- And lastly, COUNT your stitches and have loads of FUN.
|Back post double crochet||bpdc|
|Chain||ch||Yarn over, pull through.|
|Double crochet||dc||Yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
|Double crochet two together||dc2tog||Yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops, yarn over, insert hook into next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, through two loops, yarn over, pull through remaining three loops on hook.|
|Front post double crochet||fpdc|
|Front post double crochet two together||fpdc2tog|
|Half double crochet||hdc||Yarn over, insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through three loops.|
|Half double crochet two together||hdc2tog|
|Invisible single crochet two together||inv sc2tog||Insert hook into the front loop only of the next two stitches, yarn over, pull through two loops on your hooks, yarn over, pull through 2 loops on your hook.|
|Magic circle||mc||Link to my tutorial.|
|Needle join||nj||When you have finished your last stitch, do not join instead cut the yarn and pull it right through the last stitch. Using a needle, insert into both loops of the first actual stitch of the same round or row. Go back into the back loop only of the last stitch of the round or row, and gently tighten the join, and it will form a “loop” on top of the stitch and look just like a regular stitch. Link to my tutorial.|
|Repeat||rep||Repeat the stitches between *.* the required number of times.|
|Single crochet||sc||Insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
|Single crochet increase||inc||Make two single crochet stitches into same stitch space.|
|Single crochet two together||sc2tog||Insert hook into stitch and pull up a loop, insert hook into the next stitch and pull up a loop. Yarn over and pull through all 3 loops on hook – this is a way to decrease your stitch count.|
|Slip stitch||ss||Insert hook, yarn over, pull through both stitch and loop on hook.|
|Space/s||sp/s||The space between the stitches.|
|Stitch/es||st/s||The stitch itself.|
|Standing single crochet||Link to my tutorial|
|Standing half double crochet||Link to my tutorial|
|Standing double crochet||Link to my tutorial|
|Treble||tr||Yarn over twice, insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through two loops, yarn over pull through two loops, yarn over, pull through two loops.|
MELLY TEDDY RAGDOLL TOM TURKEY
© 2020 |Designed by Melanie Grobler | MandMCrochetDesigns | All Rights are Reserved.
The design, pattern, and all images are the property of MandMCrochetDesigns. The purchaser of this pattern may use it for personal use and/or charity. Sales of the finished items are encouraged, and credit given to the designer would be most appreciated. No part of the written pattern may be reproduced, altered, or distributed in any form, or by any means, without express written permission from Melanie Grobler | MandMCrochetDesigns.