Melly Teddy Ragdoll Shelly & Sandy Mermaid Part 1
is a free crochet along.
This is Part 1 for the Melly Teddy Ragdoll Shelly & Sandy Mermaid CAL, and is a fabulous cross between a lovey blanket and a soft toy and perfect to crochet for babies and small children. Make a super cute Melly Teddy Ragdoll Shelly or Sandy Mermaid for that special small person in your life. They are fun and easy to make and are soft and snugly, perfect for cuddling and great yarn busters.
“Share the art within you with the ones you love…”
The pattern will be released in 6 parts over 3 weeks and you can get each part separately FOR FREE with the Crochet Along.
If you would like to join my Face Book Group click HERE and enjoy the fun of crocheting something with others from all over the world.
PLEASE SHARE THIS PATTERN
For questions and sharing your progress making your Melly Teddy Ragdoll Mermaid:
Join my Facebook Group so you do not miss out on any of the FUN we have.
Let’s paint with yarn….
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE CAL:
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE MATERIALS USED:
WANT TO USE THE SAME YARN AS ME?
If you live in South Africa and would like to purchase the same yarn click here.
If you live in the USA and would like to purchase the same yarn click here. And if you use the coupon code mandmcrochet you will get 5% discount off your order.
If you live anywhere else and would like to purchase the same yarn click here.
WANT TO USE AN ALTERNATIVE YARN?
If you want to purchase a cotton alternative to the yarn I am using click here.
If you want to purchase an acrylic alternative to the yarn I am using click here.
HOW TO PRINT THE PATTERN DIRECTLY FROM THIS POST:
- Right click your mouse button over the area of the pattern you want to print.
- Click on the PRINT option from the pop-up menu or press Ctrl+ P.
- Click on Destination drop down menu for your various options.
- Choose “Save as PDF” from “Destination”.
- Click “save” and print the pages you need.
HOW TO PURCHASE THE PDF PATTERN:
MESSAGE FROM ME:
- The adverts in this post generate a small revenue for me (at no cost to you) which helps contribute towards the expense of running the website, if you do not like the adverts (as they can be annoying) please print the pattern from this website using the instructions above.
- This is my business, and although I love designing and writing patterns to share with everyone, I do want to earn a salary from my hard work and so I also sell my patterns on Ravelry.
- Thank you to all the wonderful M&M’s who purchase my patterns, I really do appreciate your support but I do understand that not everyone can afford to purchase my patterns, which is why I have them available for free on my website.
- Please take into consideration the number of hours that goes into creating each design. I have tried to keep the advert placements at a minimum.
- Once a page or post is downloaded on your computer, tablet or phone, it no longer uses data, so once loaded you can work directly from the page or post and it will not use any more data.
FOR NOTES, TIPS & ABBREVIATIONS:
PATTERN SHELLY & SANDY MERMAID PART 1
Lightly stuffed and worked in the round.
Using colour (A) make a mc.
Ch 1, sc 6 into mc, place stitch marker in 6th sc and continue to work in the round (6 sc)
Helpful hint: move the stitch marker and place in the last stitch of each row and this will help keep your stitch count correct and help with row counting, and because we are working quite tightly in the round, I weave my beginning tail in whilst working round 2.
Sc 2 into each st (12 sc).
Helpful hint: with my patterns, I usually always start with an increase in the 1st stitch, so if your increase stitch falls in the first stitch of the increase stitch from the last row, your stitch should be correct.
*Sc 2 into next st, sc into next st* rep *.* 5 more times (18 sc)
*Sc 2 into next st, sc into next 2 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (24 sc).
*Sc 2 into next st, sc into next 3 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (30 sc).
*Sc 2 into next st, sc into next 4 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (36 sc).
*Sc 2 into next st, sc into next 5 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (42 sc).
*Sc 2 into next st, sc into next 6 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (48 sc).
*Sc 2 into next st, sc into next 7 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (54 sc).
*Sc 2 into next st, sc into next 8 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (60 sc).
Sc into next 60 sts (60 sc).
Rounds 12 – 23
Repeat round 11 (60 sc).
Helpful hint: insert the safety eyes between row 18 and 19, about 12 sts apart. If you prefer to embroider your eyes, you can do this when the head is finished.
*Inv sc2tog, sc into next 8 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (54 sc).
*Inv sc2tog, sc into next 7 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (48 sc).
*Inv sc2tog, sc into next 6 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (42 sc).
*Inv sc2tog, sc into next 5 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (36 sc).
Helpful hint: you can stuff the head now, and then just add more in before you close off after the last round, the head should be firm, but not hard, think “squishy”.
*Inv sc2tog, sc into next 4 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (30 sc).
*Inv sc2tog, sc into next 3 sts* rep *.* 5 more times (24 sc).
*Inv sc2tog, sc into next 2sts* rep *.* 5 more times (18 sc).
*Inv sc2tog, sc into next st* rep *.* 5 more times (12 sc).
*Inv sc2tog*, rep *.* 5 more times (6 sc) cut yarn, ss into each sc and pull tight, cut yarn and weave in ends.
Helpful hint: we will attach the head to the body in part 6.
PATTERN SHELLY & SANDY MERMAID PART 1
© 2020 |Designed by Melanie Grobler | MandMCrochetDesigns | All Rights are Reserved.
The design, pattern, and all images are the property of MandMCrochetDesigns. The purchaser of this pattern may use it for personal use and/or charity. Sales of the finished items are encouraged, and credit given to the designer would be most appreciated. No part of the written pattern may be reproduced, altered, or distributed in any form, or by any means, without express written permission from Melanie Grobler | MandMCrochetDesigns.