Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny PART 5
This Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny PART 5 is part of a CAL, and you will make an adorable bunny perfect for babies and small children. In this part you will be making the sleepy hat, the star and moon motifs for both the girl and the boy bunny.
“Share the art within you with the ones you love…”
PLEASE SHARE THIS FREE PATTERN
I just loooooove to see my designs come to life by other creative souls, so post as many photos of your gorgeous Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny crochet project as you like.
You set your pace and work at your own time!
For more information click
here for the PREAMBLE
here for PART 1
here for PART 2
here for PART 3
here for PART 4
- 2 x 50g balls Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (A)
- 2 x 50g balls Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (B)
- 1 x 50g ball Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (C)
- 3 x .8g twisties Vinnis Colours Nikkim DK 100% cotton (D)
- 3.5mm hook
- 100g unicurl/stuffing
- Small amount of black embroidery thread or yarn for the nose/safety nose 15mm
- 2 x safety eyes or thread/yarn for eyes 14mm
- Sewing needle
You are welcome to make the pattern in any yarn however depending on the yarn and your tension the size of the finished item may vary from mine.
I used the following colours for my boy and girl:
- A Stone #541
- B Purple-Blue #588
- C Blue Bell #533
- D White #598
- A Natural #500
- B Pink #521
- C Ballet Pink #522
- D White #598
Vinnis Colours Nikkim 100% Cotton Yarn, which is colourfast and made in South Africa. DK / Light Worsted – 119m/50g (130/1.75oz), recommended hook size: 4mm (USA G-6). The yarn is hand dyed and balled by women from an economically depressed rural area of South Africa. The sale of the product has empowered ad brought economic benefits to their community. Hand dyed yarn gives your garment a unique marbled effect.
SPECIAL STITCHES & TECHNIQUES
- Link to Needle Join Photo Tutorial
- Link to Standing Single Crochet Photo Tutorial
- Link to Standing Half Double Crochet Photo Tutorial
- Link to Standing Double Crochet Photo Tutorial
- Link to Magic Circle Photo Tutorial
- Link to Magic Knot Photo Tutorial
- Link to 5 Double Crochet Shell Stitch Photo Tutorial
- Link to Reverse Singe Crochet / Crab Stitch Photo Tutorial
- Link to Back Loop Only Photo Tutorial
- Link to Invisible Single Crochet Two Together Photo Tutorial
- Link to Half Double Crochet Two Together Photo Tutorial
- Link to Double Crochet Two Together Photo Tutorial
- Link to Surface Crochet Photo Tutorial
NOTES & TIPS
- My pattern uses US terminology
- I have also included helpful hints along the way, which are in italics
- Use your stitch marker as often as you can, to help with stitch counting – count your stitches
- And lastly – have FUN with the pattern
- chain – ch
- slip stitch – ss
- single crochet – sc
- half double crochet – hdc
- double crochet – dc
- crab st / reverse single crochet – rev sc (refer to special stitches)
- 5 double crochet shell – 5 dc sh (refer to special stitches)
- back loop only – blo (refer to special stitches)
- single crochet two together – sc2tog (refer to special stitches)
- half double crochet two together – hdc2tog (refer to special stitches)
- double crochet two together – dc2tog (refer to special stitches)
- repeat – rep
- space/s – sp/s
- stitch/s – st/s
- magic circle – mc (refer to special stitches)
- needle join – nj (refer to special stitches)
PART 5 – BOY & GIRL
Helpful hint: leave a long tail (40cm) to stitch hat to head when finished – the following 31 rows are worked in the back loop only, and create a “ribbed” effect.
Using colour (B) chain 5
hdc into 2nd ch from hook, hdc into each rem ch, ch 1, turn (4 hdc)
Row 2 – 31
hdc into blo (4 hdc), cut yarn, stitch ends together, weave in ends.
Helpful hint: slip stitch the two ends together to form a ring, turn work and continue to work in the round.
Using colour (C) join yarn to ribbed band, above where you stitched it together
Helpful hint: join with a slip stitch to the “ribbed” band at the back, above the join – and when working into a row of hdc’s, work 3 stitches across 2 hdc stitches, to get the required number of stitches.
ch 1, hdc into same st, hdc 45 sts evenly around the band, ss into 1st hdc (46 hdc)
ch 1, hdc into same st, hdc into next 7 sts, ch 6, skip 7 sts, hdc into the next 16 sts, ch 6, skip 7, hdc into next 8 sts, ss into 1st hdc( (32 hdc, 2 x 6 ch)
ch 1, hdc into same st, hdc into next 7 sts, hdc into each ch, hdc into next 16 sts, hdc into each ch, hdc into next 8 sts (44 hdc)
Helpful hint: use stitch marker to mark the end of the rounds, and work directly into the 1st hdc of round 2 for the beginning of round 3.
hdc into 42 sts, hdc2tog (43 hdc)
hdc into 41 sts, hdc2tog (42 hdc)
*hdc into next 4 sts, hdc2tog*, rep *.* 6 more times (35 hdc)
*hdc into next 5 sts, hdc2tog*, rep *.* 4 more times (30 hdc)
*hdc into next 4 sts, hdc2tog*, rep *.* 4 more times (25 hdc)
hdc into 23 sts, hdc2tog (24 hdc)
hdc into 22 sts, hdc2tog (23 hdc)
hdc into 21 sts, hdc2tog (22 hdc)
hdc into 20 sts, hdc2tog (21 hdc)
hdc into 19 sts, hdc2tog (20 hdc)
hdc into 18 sts, hdc2tog (19 hdc)
hdc into 17 sts, hdc2tog (18 hdc)
hdc into 16 sts, hdc2tog (17 hdc)
hdc into 15 sts, hdc2tog (16 hdc)
hdc into 14 sts, hdc2tog (15 hdc)
hdc into 13 sts, hdc2tog (14 hdc)
hdc into 12 sts, hdc2tog (13 hdc)
hdc into 11 sts, hdc2tog (12 hdc)
hdc into 10 sts, hdc2tog (11 hdc)
hdc into 9 sts, hdc2tog (10 hdc)
hdc into 8 sts, hdc2tog (9 hdc)
hdc into 7 sts, hdc2tog (8 hdc)
hdc into 6 sts, hdc2tog (7 hdc)
hdc into 5 sts, hdc2tog (6 hdc) cut yarn, ss yarn tail through all 6 hdc’s, pull tight and weave in ends.
I do not know about you but I CAN NOT make a pompom LOL – so I have come up with a cute alternative – you can make my “pompom” or add a tassel or make a real pompom – you can use your imagination.
Using colour (B) make a mc
ch 1, make 6 hdc’s into the mc, ss into 1st hdc (6 hdc)
ch 1, hdc 2 into same st, make 2 hdc’s into each st, ss into 1st hdc (12 hdc)
ch 1, hdc into same sp, hdc into next 11 sts, ss into 1st hdc (12 hdc)
ch 1, hdc2tog into same sp, hdc2tog into next 10 sts (6 hdc), cut yarn, ss around 6 sts, pull tight and stitch to the end of the hat.
Using colour (D) yarn make a mc
ch 1, hdc 10 into mc, ss into 1st hdc (10 hdc)
*ch 4, ss into 2nd ch from hook, sc into next ch, hdc into next ch, sk next hdc (from rnd 1), ss into next hdc, rep *.* 4 more times (5 points), cut yarn, leaving a long tail to stitch to the body later.
Using colour (D) yarn chain 12
sc into 2nd ch from the hook, sc into next ch, hdc into next ch, dc 2 sts into each of the next 5 ch, hdc into next ch, sc into next 2 ch (4 x sc, 2 x hdc, 10 x dc), ss into last ch, cut yarn, leaving a long tail to stitch to the body later.
You are now finished with making all your cute little body parts – in PART 6 we will bring our gorgeous, unique Melly Teddy Ragdoll Sleepy Bunny to life!
For questions and sharing your progress:
Join my Facebook Group so you do not miss out on any of the FUN we have.